Toloa Tertiary Scholarships
Applications are now open - click here to apply!
Established in 2015, the Toloa Tertiary Scholarships are funded by the Ministry for Pacific Peoples to support Pacific students to pursue studies in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) subjects.
Applications for the Toloa Tertiary Scholarships 2020 are open. Click here to apply now!
What is the goal?
The purpose of the scholarships is to encourage Pacific students to complete studies in STEM subjects at tertiary level and increase the number of Pacific people employed in STEM careers.
What does the scholarship cover?
Capped at $9000 per year, the scholarship covers tuition and compulsory fees which are course fees, Student Services Fee and Building Levy.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for a Toloa Tertiary Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be of Pacific Island descent;
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand;
- Have enrolled in full time tertiary study, majoring in a STEM subject at an approved NZQA accredited tertiary provider in New Zealand for the 2020 academic year;
- Be in their second, third and/or fourth year of study (applications are also open to STEM postgraduates in their first and/or sequential years)
Do you meet the above criteria? If yes, click here to apply now.
What supporting documents do I need for my application?
- Copy of recent academic transcript
- Supporting letters from two independent referees
What are the key dates?
Applications open on Monday 11 November and close at 12pm-noon on Monday 16 December 2019.
Click here to apply now for the Toloa Tertiary Scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for FAQ's relating to the Toloa Tertiary Scholarship.